Its always a pleasure designing costumes for performer Natalya Unamanska, she gives me a brief and then tells me to to do what I want with it. This time she wanted the piece to be inspired by performer Ginger Rodgers but with a modern twist and the costume to be a versitile as possible for different acts. Ive designed the costume so it could be worn in a variety of ways and used for burlesque or ariel perfomances. The full costume consists of a steel boned mesh corset with red detailing, embelished bra, show girl pants, sparkle bolero and a fish tail skirt.
It was a pleasure to work with burlesque performer Harlow Heartbreak again on a new costume for a debut act at Salon Rouge, Cambridge. She wanted something typically burlesque with a darker edge. The base of her corset was made from a deep gold silk with a chantilly lace over lay, this was decorated with lavish lace trims, tassels and hand glued crystals. The corset was made with a hidden zip front closure for easy removal and 6 black ostrich feather boas which were made to be removable for her act. Did I mention she did it all on her very own gold sparkly giant moon?! She has promised me photos so hopefully I should have some action shots soon.
I had a bit left of this amazing fabric I got on my travels. Ive made a one of corset and bolero in striped silk adorned with bows and frills. There is only one of these being made, available in my Etsy shop
It was an honour to be asked to design a off off piece for Clementine the living fashion doll, to be shown in London at an exhibition called Lingering Whispers.
I designed Clementines lingerie consisting of an ivory silk dupion cupped corset, encrusted with iridescent pearls and glitter.Her knickers were made in a matching silk trimmed with white lace. A sheer penior trimmed with marabou completed her look.
For more about Clementine and her adventure visit her site.
Some pictures from a recent commission for burlesque performer Hollow Heart. The corset is made from a white satin decorated in a scatter of hearts and crosses. I made a cape to match tied with ribbon ties at the front for easy removal.